Thank you to all the speakers and attendees at “WiSE UP: Strategies for Success in STEM” for making it a superb day. We are collating your feedback, comments and photographs. These are available here and will be added to over the coming weeks.
Keynote: “Understanding the Science Workforce – 10 Types of Scientist”
Diana Garnham, Chief Executive of the Science Council
Panel Discussion: “More than one way to success in STEM”
Linda Cammish, CEO nanoTherics
Jenny Rohn, Cell Biologist UCL, novelist and founder of “Science is Vital”
Jenny Wren, Teaching Fellow, Management Team, Exeter University Business School
Judit Molnar, Senior Drug Discovery Scientist, GSK
Carola-Bibiane Schönlieb, Lecturer DAMTP (Department of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics), University of Cambridge.
1. “Authentic Leadership”, Fiona Denney, King’s College London
2. “How to Get Your Ideas Adopted”, Anne Miller, The Creativity Partnership, www.tcp-uk.co.uk
3. “Effective Negotiation – Getting what you want…. what you really, really want”, Joss Anderson, J-Cubed Consulting, www.j3consulting.co.uk
4. “Image & Impact – How to add value to you and your career”, Belinda Coaten , People Potential, www.peoplepotential.uk.com
5. “Knowing Yourself: The Key to Understanding and Motivating Others”, Sarah Blackford, Society for Experimental Biology
Followed by networking and evening reception sponsored by Royal Society of Chemistry
To see what people said about the last Career Development Day…click here.
We’d like to thank the following for their support of WiSE UP and Cambridge AWiSE: