eLife Sciences: Data Engineer
- Permanent position, 37.5 hours per week
- Salary in the range of £40,000-£55,000 (depending on experience).
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate the right to live and work in the UK to be considered for the vacancy.
We’re seeking a data engineer to join our small team and improve how we collect and analyse data to contribute towards our mission of improving research communication.
Research communication is essential in accelerating discovery and helping science to move the world forward. eLife is a well funded, non-profit organisation whose mission is to improve research communication in the areas of publishing, technology and research culture.
We are looking for an experienced data engineer who will help collect, collate and visualise data for the organisation to aid our decision making, alongside supporting our data scientists with development of a semantic xml extraction tool.
- Ensure that our existing data pipelines and dashboards stay up-to-date, secure, online and functional.
- Work with stakeholders and other developers to architect solutions that collate and visualise information that we can use to improve the effectiveness, efficiency and reach of publishing operations for us and our partners.
- Help us define and develop a strategy for how we can better use data within the organisation to progress our mission to improve research communication.
- Additional duties as requested.
Closing date for applications: 26 October 2020.