eLife Sciences: Software Engineer, Tools and Infrastructure
- Permanent position, 37.5 hours per week
- Salary in the range of £40,000-£60,000 (depending on experience).
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate the right to live and work in the UK to be considered for the vacancy.
We’re seeking a software engineer to join our small team and help us to keep our systems and software secure, up-to-date and functional.
Research communication is essential in accelerating discovery and helping science to move the world forward. eLife is a well funded, non-profit organisation whose mission is to improve research communication in the areas of publishing, technology and research culture.
We are looking for an experienced software engineer who will primarily contribute to developing and maintaining our tools and infrastructure, alongside contributing to the development of our publishing platform.
- Ensure that our infrastructure, tools and software stay up-to-date, secure, online and functional.
- Maintain and develop our tooling and automation so that builds and issues are reproducible, development more streamlined and deployments are continuous.
- Work with stakeholders and other developers to architect and develop new solutions to improve the effectiveness, efficiency and reach of publishing operations for us and our partners.
- Additional duties as requested.
Closing date for applications: 26 October 2020.