Front End Developer
– Competitive Salary, dependent on experience, and company share options.
– Compensation and benefits package that promotes health, finance, life:work balance and professional development.
BIOS is unlocking the potential of the nervous system in treating chronic disease by using AI-powered neural interfaces that can automatically read and write neural signals. The human nervous system carries vast quantities of data and scientists have long known that faulty signals in the nervous system play a key role in driving chronic diseases. By understanding and correcting these signals in real time, BIOS can treat chronic illnesses in an effective, automated, and personalised way, leading to seamlessly experienced healthcare.
About the role:
This is a hybrid role – a combination of office (based in Cambridge city centre) and remote working.
BIOS are looking for an experienced frontend developer to work on their Remote Health Platform (RHP).
The RHP consists of three interconnected products:
- Smartwatch app for collecting health data
- Smartphone app for collecting patient survey data
- Web-based reporting portals for clinicians and researchers.
For researchers, the platform can lower the cost of clinical trials and accelerate the pace of discovery by providing an alternative to in-clinic assessments. For clinicians, it can provide valuable insights into a patient’s condition between medical appointments. The BIOS Remote Health Platform is a certified medical device.
In future versions of the RHP, the data collected from wearable devices will be enhanced with BIOS’s unique neural technology, which can understand and sequence neural code. This will improve understanding of how patients’ nervous systems respond to treatments. The successful applicant will play a key role in the strategy for their clinician and patient facing software.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Work within the multidisciplinary team – developing, implementing, testing, and maintaining certified medical device software.
- Implement and maintain production level code for BIOS’ web applications.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to design & implement user interfaces.
- Deploy software within certified medical device systems.