Keronite – Chemist/Applications Engineer
Keronite is looking to expand and strengthen its technology development team with the addition of an experienced chemist. The new hire would be expected to immediately form part of the core development team and be a peer to the current Applications Engineers. He or she will play a key role in the development & testing of new electrolytes and coatings to support Keronite’s continued growth in new markets and applications.
- Utilise their own knowledge, third party literature, and existing Keronite know-how to propose approaches to developing next generation Keronite coatings.
- Propose and implement test programs to produce and fully characterise the properties of new coatings.
- Provide intellectual input regarding development options in customer projects.
- Bring their experience of chemistry to bear on key technology challenges.
- Support strategic technology developments under the guidance of CTO.
- Proactively make suggestions regarding other directions and technology options for the company.
- Guide members of the production team or other members of staff as required.
- Support the CTO/COO with respect to codification of IP, grant applications, etc.
- Support production jobs to limited extent during critical periods.
- Higher degree in chemistry or a related subject (ideally Ph.D.) from respected university/research institution.
- Significant experience in the development and characterisation of new materials.
- Experience in the production and characterisation of coatings a major advantage. Experience in PEO or other electrochemical coating techniques a particular advantage.
- Some experience working in an engineering/manufacturing environment preferred but not essential.
- Logical and analytical.
- Systematic and methodical.
- Dedicated and committed.
- Good presentational and communication skills.
Apply to Robin Francis, CTO, Robin.Francis@keronite.com