Presenting your research – how to engage your audience with Adelina Chalmers
Presenting your research – Tues 17th November – Wood-Legh Rm, Lucy Cavendish, 8-10 pm
A step-by-step taster on preparing the content and structure of your research presentation
- Are you looking to engage industry, your peers or your manager with your research?
- How can you present to them so they see the value of your expertise?
Come to this session to discover a simple recipe for preparing and presenting your research and engaging your audience.
You will leave the session having practised and learnt how to:
- Select the right information to include in a presentation
- Structure your presentation so that audiences will love to hear you speak
- Leave in the audiences’ minds the right impression about your professional expertise and abilities.
This session is delivered by Adelina Chalmers a.k.a. “The Geek Whisperer”. Adelina has trained Professors and Senior Lecturers at Cranfield University on presenting their research. She works with Cambridge Enterprise delivering their international knowledge transfer projects where scientists from across the world come to Cambridge to learn how to transform complex research findings into products or services to sell to industry.
Book here: £10 for members and £17 for non-members (priority booking for members until 15th Oct). Booking to close for members and non-members on 9th November 2015.
To join CamAWiSE – https://camawise.org.uk/membership/
“Before, people would be checking their phones or not paying attention; now I have presented at Airbus and noticed an immediate difference as they stayed engaged throughout. I used to get only one or two questions after my presentations, now the audience was so interested they even kept me for 30min in Q&A and discussion.”
Dr Mudassir Lone, Research Fellow/Lecturer, Cranfield University